Remember Douglas Black? He's my editor for the College Fun and Gays series. We've gotten along great and, since I think he's a funny guy, I asked him to do Fun Facts in honor of his new release, A Secret Love.
1. When I started working on archaeological digs, I named my trowels. One is called Indie; the other is called Junior. When I qualified I had their names engraved on them. (I am by no means the only archaeologist to have a bit of a thing for Indiana Jones!)
You know how my eyesight is still blurry? I read "towels" and went "Okay, that's just weird", lol.
2. My favourite shirt is a bright yellow Inka Kola t-shirt that I bought from a market stall in Cusco a few years ago. Sadly, on account of its garishness, I have been banned from wearing it outdoors.
I went to look for an image of Inka Kola and my display driver crashed - not kidding. I can only imagine the effects a t-shirt would have!
3. As a student, I spent six months working on a flower farm on the Isles of Scilly. The experience bred in me a deep loathing of ‘scented pinks’.
I'm not a fan of the smell of roses either.
4. I can recite the entire script of the 1971 film Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory from memory. Perfectly. Talk about a misspent youth…
For me, it's the Interview with a Vampire ^.^ I bet everyone has one of these.
5. Venice is my favourite place on earth. I want to live there one day.
6. My ex-boyfriend is now a Catholic priest. I really hope that decision wasn't entirely because of me!
He cannot love another mortal after loving you ;)
7. I can solve a standard 3x3x3 rubik’s cube in under three minutes. This ability, disappointingly, has not made me any more sexually attractive.
I can't even get three in a row...
8. I once reversed a Toyota Hilux off the edge of a cliff. It wasn't a big cliff, and I wasn't hurt, but it was painfully embarrassing considering I was working as an off-road driving instructor at the time.
9. Garden peas taste like soap. I have conducted many experiments over the years, and have concluded this to be true.
How do you know what soap tastes like? ^.^
10. I am such a boring individual, I can’t think of a tenth fun fact about me. Which is pretty upsetting, actually…
I have one: Douglas lives in Scotland! That, in itself, is very interesting. I bet you have a kilt and wear it commando ;)
Thanks for stopping by, Doug! Or Dog, with my accent. Here's the blurb to your latest release:
A Secret Love
James is nervous when he pulls into the car park of the secluded and conservative Caledonian Hotel. He slips off his wedding ring, gives a false name at reception and checks into his room.
When Mark finally arrives James expects their time together to conform to the usual pattern, but Mark surprises him. Mark wants candlelit dinners and walks on the beach. James, well, James just wants to make up for lost time. More importantly, he doesn't want to get caught. They have six months left before they can leave behind everything they know and start a new life together and James is desperate to be discrete. Unfortunately, he never could control himself around Mark. Throw in an interfering old couple and some very public displays of affection and Mark and James’s short hotel stay might just be about to destroy not only the secrecy that has always shrouded their relationship, but also their plans for a future together.